SUMMARY OF CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
We look forward to welcoming you to THE LUME Melbourne. To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience, please be aware of the following conditions of entry to the gallery.
In line with our standard conditions of entry, MCEC will enforce additional health and safety measures to ensure visitor welfare and provide a safe and secure Gallery.
Please note that these additional conditions of entry apply to all entrants (including visitors, customers, contractors and employees) attending the gallery and are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of MCEC. MCEC and THE LUME Melbourne retain the right to refuse entry to any visitor who refuses to adhere to health and safety measures.
A copy of these conditions will be on display at each entry point to the gallery. https://mcec.com.au/legal/conditions-of-entry
Have your ticket ready. Everyone entering the gallery must hold a valid ticket for the duration of your visit.
If you arrive late, you may need to wait. Due to the popularity of the experience, latecomers may not be able to be accommodated if you arrive outside your ticketed session.
The use of cameras, recorders and mobile phones with flash is prohibited. Commercial photography or video is not permitted in the gallery without prior written permission. If you are planning to film in or around the gallery please contact us.
THE LUME Melbourne values the safety of all visitors. CCTV operates throughout the gallery; and certain items are prohibited or restricted in what may be brought into the gallery. A list of our security precautions is available on the full conditions of entry below and our staff can advise if you have any questions.
Please follow the directions of our staff and signage at the gallery. We are here to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience. You must pay close attention to, and comply with, all health and safety directions and protocols, including those related to capacity limits and social distancing. Wherever possible stay 1.5 metres apart and practice good hand hygiene in line with current public health advice. If you do not comply with our directions and protocols you may be asked to leave the gallery immediately without refund or further recourse.
Treat each other and staff with respect. If you feel that your enjoyment of an event is being compromised, or your health and safety is being put at risk in any way or by the actions of another person, please contact our staff immediately so that we can try to find a solution.
You accept risks of entry. We aim to provide a safe gallery, however you enter the gallery at your own risk and are responsible for any personal belongings.
Please be mindful of the other visitors in the gallery. If you compromise the health, safety or experience of any person (including visitors and staff) with abusive behaviour or failure to abide by the conditions of entry, you may be relocated, refused entry or removed from the gallery.
We aim to provide a COVIDSafe gallery. Our comprehensive COVIDSafe Plan control measures include frequent cleaning and social distancing to keep everyone in the gallery safe. Despite this, there remains a risk of transmission, and you enter the gallery at your own risk.
Practice good hygiene and respiratory practices. You must adopt good hygiene and respiratory practices at all times. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the gallery.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
THE LUME Australia Pty Ltd ABN 70 612 850 503 (trading as THE LUME Melbourne) (“THE LUME Melbourne”, “We” or “Us”) is committed to creating a safe environment for all staff and visitors.
You must follow all directions given by our staff as well as any signage when in THE LUME Melbourne (the gallery). You must comply with all of the following Conditions of Entry (including the MCEC Conditions of entry) when you visit our gallery.
Entry, Exit and Ejection
When you enter the gallery:
1. Before being allowed entry into our gallery, you may be required to:
a) Carry a valid ticket or invitation to enter the gallery;
b) Present photo identification that is acceptable to our staff to provide proof of concession (e.g. proof of age identification or concession card) if you have purchased a concessional ticket for the gallery;
c) Demonstrate that persons under 18 years of age will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times within the building;
d) Remove helmets when entering and/or when inside the gallery;
e) Consent to a search of your belongings;
f) Follow the directions of staff directing any queuing outside or inside the gallery
THE LUME Melbourne management reserves the right to carry out a screening process conducted for all visitors upon entry to the gallery in line with industry best practice. This may include bag checks and personal checks of any visitor who enters or exits the gallery. Visitors refusing to participate in the search process may be excluded from entry.
After you have entered the gallery, you must:
a) Retain your ticket at all times and be able to show it to staff during your attendance at the gallery;
b) Accept that your ticket does not provide reserved seating or reserved standing areas. Visitors will enter the building on a first come basis.
c) Accept that admittance to the gallery may be restricted and/or not possible for latecomers or anyone seeking re-admittance if they choose to leave.
d) Ensure you regularly hand sanitise and ensure physical distancing at the gallery in line with current public health advice
If your ticket/s are damaged, defaced and/or are suspected of having been purchased from an unauthorised resale agent:
a) You will not be permitted into the gallery;
b) Your ticket may be seized;
c) You will not be entitled to any refund.
Possible ejection from the gallery:
1. You may be liable for prosecution or a fine and/or may be ejected from the building if you:
a) Breach any Condition of Entry;
b) Cause or may cause property damage;
c) Create or may create risk of injury to any person;
d) Threaten or may threaten safety of visitors, audience members, our staff or any other persons;
e) Unreasonably interfere with or compromise another person’s enjoyment of the event;
f) Are considered by our staff to be offensive, aggressive, unruly, disruptive, disorderly, uncooperative or behaving unlawfully;
g) Are considered by our staff to be under the influence of alcohol or illicit substances or suspected of buying, selling or carrying illicit substances;
h) Enter any part of the building or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation;
i) Refuse to follow the directions of our staff.
If you are ejected, you are required by law to move at least 20 metres away from the gallery. You will not be entitled to any refund and may be refused re-entry indefinitely.
When you exit the gallery:
When the event ends and/or you exit the building, you must:
1. Exit in an orderly and appropriate manner;
2. Follow the directions of staff to clear an area or access way;
3. Not cause undue noise or disruption to the adjacent amenity or neighbouring properties.
Liquor Licensing Rules
It is a condition of entry that you will comply with Victorian liquor licensing laws and respect our adherence to Responsible Service of Alcohol principles.
You may not bring your own alcohol into the gallery;
1. If you are considered to be intoxicated, affected or behaving inappropriately, you may be refused entry/removed from the gallery and/or may be refused alcohol service;
2. You may only consume alcohol inside the gallery’s designated licensed areas. You may not be permitted to take alcohol into some areas of the gallery at some events;
Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the gallery and persons being reported to the Police (penalties may apply).
Phones, Photography and Video Policy
We reserve the right to vary this standard policy at our discretion and without notice for each event:
• Small hand-held personal cameras
• Mobile phones with cameras
We do not allow:
• Any flash photography
• Professional or large photography or video cameras (including those with SLR capabilities), used for commercial reasons without prior written agreement.
• Other devices with functionality similar to the items listed here.
You are prohibited from bringing the following items into our gallery (Prohibited Items):
• Bags larger than a handbag(equivalent to A4 paper size 30cm x 20cm) and backpacks of all sizes. Cloakroom facilities are available at the MCEC Customer Service Desk.
• Food & Beverage including Alcohol
• Glass, cans or open drink containers containing non-alcoholic and/or alcoholic drinks
• Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
• Flammable devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
• Anything that could be used as a weapon such as sharp items including knives
• Suspicious items or items which may look like a weapon
• Animals (other than registered assistance animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades / skates
• Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
• Textas, felt pens, marker pens, paint or similar items, aerosol canisters
• Banners, posters, flags or signs
• Professional cameras, tripods or recording devices
• Laser pointers
• Offensive signage or clothing
• Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
• Any other item that may cause harm or public nuisance or could interfere with others in the gallery
We reserve the right to:
1. Refuse entry to any person found to have any Prohibited Items in their possession;
2. Require the Prohibited Item to be stored in the cloak room;
3. Refuse the Prohibited Item from being brought into our gallery.
You must behave in an appropriate and responsible manner that does not interfere with the safety or enjoyment of others;
1. You must not touch or interfere with the artwork or any other objects on display in the experience, displays or otherwise in the gallery;
2. Climbing on structures or any other form of dangerous and high-risk behaviour is not permitted. All visitors are responsible for their own safety.
3. You must cooperate with our staff and follow any direction given which we consider will maximise the safety of the gallery for all visitors including keeping aisles and doorways clear at all times;
4. There is no dress code for our gallery however offensive clothing or signage is prohibited. Visitors are asked to wear proper footwear to avoid personal injury;
5. You agree not to access areas that you are not authorised to do so;
6. You agree not to transmit or record any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event for commercial use without the express written permission from the gallery. This may include images and recordings via a mobile phone.
If you feel that your enjoyment of an event is being compromised in any way or by the actions of another person, please contact our staff immediately so that we can try and find a solution. We cannot provide a solution after an event has concluded.
Use of Your Image
You consent to and authorise us to film, record or photograph you (Recording), and to reproduce Recordings in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to you. All Recordings are our sole property and you release us from liability arising on account of such usage.
Security cameras operate in and around the gallery and you acknowledge that you may be filmed.
You enter the building at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from your entry to the gallery.
If you bring personal belongings into the gallery:
1. You are solely responsible for those items;
2. You must not leave any bag or personal items unattended;
3. You must not bring any prohibited items (see prohibited items above) into the gallery;
Smoking and Illicit Substances
Illicit substances along with the smoking of cigarettes, cigars, vaporisers and e-cigarettes will not be permitted inside any part of the gallery (including bathrooms).
Designated smoking areas are nominated on the street outside the gallery.
Complaints and Feedback
Visitors are encouraged to provide feedback on the services provided at THE LUME Melbourne. Feedback can be sent to email@example.com
THE LUME Australia Pty Ltd ABN 70 612 850 503 (“We”, “Our” or“Us”) is committed to creating a safe environment for all staff and visitors who attend THE LUME Melbourne.
Our goal is to make your purchasing experience easy, efficient and equitable.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice.
Amendments will be reflected on our website.
By purchasing a ticket to any experience at THE LUME Melbourne, the purchaser agrees to the following terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone us on 03 8638 0609 during operating hours.
General Admission Tickets
1. A valid ticket must be produced to gain entry to a ticketed experience, program or event.
2. A booking cannot be confirmed without full receipt of payment.
3. Ticket holders should be prepared to produce valid identification at point of entry for Annual Access Tickets.
4. Concessions must produce valid identification for collection of tickets and tickets presented at the venue. If proof of entitlement is not able to be presented, ticket holders may be required to upgrade to an Adult ticket. Individual Concession cards must be presented to receive discounted tickets.
5. An online booking fee of AUD$3.95 per transaction will be charged where applicable. This fee is notified prior to purchase and is subject to change from time to time.
6. We reserve the right to cancel a ticket and refund the amount paid for any reason.
7. We reserve the right to vary ticket prices, seating arrangements and capacity, add, withdraw, or reschedule programs and presenters.
8. We are unable to guarantee replacement of lost, stolen or destroyed tickets.
9. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be on-sold.
10. General admission experience tickets do not permit entry into any other program or event; such events are ticketed separately unless clearly stated.
11. Entry to the venue is subject to capacity at the time of arrival. Late arrival for experiences, events and programs may result in non-admittance.
12. Tickets are not to be used for advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes or resale unless authorised us. Use of the our trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to our consent. We reserve the right to cancel a ticket if any of these terms and conditions are breached.
14. All ticket sales and right of admission is reserved and subject to our Conditions of Entry
Discounted group tickets are available for groups of 6 or more and are available via our website or at the Box Office. Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction.
Schools must enquire prior to visit via the online form on the website or contacting our enquiry or schools’ team. No refunds will be given for unredeemed tickets once the booking payment is completed.
Teachers/Educators are invited to register for a Teacher Familiarisation pass to experience THE LUME Melbourne at their leisure. The purpose of these passes is to assess THE LUME Melbourne as a potential excursion destination or to prepare for an upcoming excursion. Teacher Familiarisations are only to be used legitimately and not for social purposes.
Annual Access entitles one person to unlimited visits to THE LUME Melbourne's primary Feature experiences over a year-long period, plus a complimentary program per experience. Each Annual Access membership is redeemable for one person. When Annual Access is redeemed on a Premium Experience (e.g. Best Seat in the House, Feast for the Senses, Early Access Guided Tours) the price of a Single Entry Ticket will be deducted from the price of that Premium Experience. Excludes Yoga & Pilates tickets. A $3.95 transaction fee applies to all online purchases, which fee is subject to change from time to time. No refunds will be given at any time for Annual Access membership.
Unlimited Entry entitles one person to unlimited visits to THE LUME Melbourne's primary Connection experience. Each Unlimited Entry membership is redeemable for one person. When Unlimited Entryis redeemed on a Premium Experience (e.g. Best Seat in the House, Feast for the Senses, Early Access Guided Tours) the price of a Single Entry Ticket will be deducted from the price of that Premium Experience. Excludes Yoga & Pilates tickets. A $3.95 transaction fee applies to all online purchases, which fee is subject to change from time to time. No refunds will be given at any time for Unlimited Entry membership.
Feast for the Senses tickets:
This ticket includes entry to the current experience, and a three course meal at THE LUME Melbourne café. There are front row seats available, please select accordingly. No swaps will be allowed within 24 hours of the ticket time. The duration is listed on the ticket, you will not be allowed to stay longer than this duration.
If you cannot make it to the date/time on your ticket, exchange requests must be submitted 48 hours prior to the sitting. Any exchange requests post-visit will be declined. No refunds will be given at any time except for extenuating circumstances approved by us.
Best Seat in the House tickets:
This ticket includes an entry ticket, an official program, and a front row seat at THE LUME Melbourne café. Exchange requests may be submitted prior to ticket time, and no later than 24 hours after the ticket time. Any exchange requests after this will be declined. No refunds will be given at any time except for extenuating circumstances approved by us.
No refunds will be given for any reason. Yoga and Pilates exchange requests must be submitted 12 hours prior to the class. Any exchange requests post-visit will be declined. No refunds will be given at any time except for extenuating circumstances approved by us.
As per national standards, for those who hold a valid Australian companion card, their ticket will be at our concession price, and a complimentary second ticket for their companion will be supplied. Carer’s cards will be treated as concession and not a complimentary ticket.
To book a companion card ticket, you can either call us at our box office on 03 8638 0609 to process it over the phone, or attend our box office on site and present the valid companion card.
Complimentary tickets will only be issued for approved promotions or when otherwise expressly approved by us.
Gift cards are redeemable to purchase tickets to any of THE LUME Melbourne's experiences as well as in the Retail Store. Please note that a $3.95 transaction fee applies to online gift card purchases. Such fee is subject to change from time to time.
• Gift cards are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase. Unused values will not be refunded, or attributed to any transactions after the expiry date.
• Gift cards are not redeemable at THE LUME Melbourne’s restaurant.
• Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new voucher, be replaced after expiry, and are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities.
Ticketmaster gift cards are no longer available to purchase tickets for THE LUME Melbourne. If you have an existing Ticketmaster gift card, it can still be used to buy any tickets to THE LUME Melbourne that are available to purchase through Ticketmaster (noting this is a limited range and not reflective of the full suite of experiences available to book through THE LUME Melbourne website).
Ticket exchange/refund to gift card:
Approved ticket exchanges will be processed via a digital gift card. This will be sent via email and will be valid for 3 years from date of issue. This gift card can only be redeemed at THE LUME Melbourne.
Customer Exchange Requests After Event Date/Session
General exchange requests after a date/session has occurred is not permitted. Extenuating circumstances will be given to customers requesting a ticket exchange in the form of a digital gift card. Ticket exchange requests made more than 72 hours post original ticket date will be declined.
Without limitation, general exchange requests will not be granted due to:
• Illness including COVID
• Not liking the experience
• Accidentally purchasing the wrong ticket/s
• Noise level not to personal preference
• Other patrons visiting THE LUME Melbourne at the same time e.g. school groups, babies, events.
Capacity and Government Related Interruptions
Access to THE LUME Melbourne is by timed entry. As our sessions can be heavily booked, particularly during school holidays it is strongly recommended that tickets are booked online in advance. Same day ticket availability cannot be guaranteed.
Where standard venue operations, or capacity limits, are restricted due to a government, statutory or any other health reason.
We may change our usual operating hours at any time with reasonable notice via the website.