SUMMARY OF CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
We look forward to welcoming you to THE LUME Melbourne. To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience, please be aware of the following conditions of entry to the gallery.
In line with our standard conditions of entry, MCEC will enforce additional health and safety measures to ensure visitor welfare and provide a safe and secure Gallery.
Please note that these additional conditions of entry apply to all entrants (including visitors, customers, contractors and employees) attending the gallery and are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of MCEC. MCEC and THE LUME Melbourne retain the right to refuse entry to any visitor who refuses to adhere to health and safety measures.
A copy of these conditions will be on display at each entry point to the gallery. https://mcec.com.au/legal/conditions-of-entry
Have your ticket ready. Everyone entering the gallery must hold a valid ticket for the duration of your visit.
If you arrive late, you may need to wait. Due to the popularity of the experience, latecomers may not be able to be accommodated if you arrive outside your ticketed session.
The use of cameras, recorders and mobile phones with flash is prohibited. Commercial photography or video is not permitted in the gallery without prior written permission. If you are planning to film in or around the gallery please contact us.
THE LUME Melbourne values the safety of all visitors. CCTV operates throughout the gallery; and certain items are prohibited or restricted in what may be brought into the gallery. A list of our security precautions is available on the full conditions of entry below and our staff can advise if you have any questions.
Please follow the directions of our staff and signage at the gallery. We are here to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience. You must pay close attention to, and comply with, all health and safety directions and protocols, including those related to capacity limits, mask-wearing and social distancing. If you do not comply with our directions and protocols you may be asked to leave the gallery immediately without refund or further recourse.
Treat each other and staff with respect. If you feel that your enjoyment of an event is being compromised, or your health and safety is being put at risk in any way or by the actions of another person, please contact our staff immediately so that we can try to find a solution.
You accept risks of entry. We aim to provide a safe gallery, however you enter the gallery at your own risk and are responsible for any personal belongings.
Please be mindful of the other visitors in the gallery. If you compromise the health, safety or experience of any person (including visitors and staff) with abusive behaviour or failure to abide by the conditions of entry, you may be relocated, refused entry or removed from the gallery.
Stay at home if you are unwell. Please do not attend the gallery if you are experiencing or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, are required to be in quarantine or isolation, or have been in contact (or suspect you have been in contact) with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the gallery (or require you to leave the gallery) without refund or further recourse if we suspect you have not complied with this requirement.
We aim to provide a COVIDSafe gallery. Our comprehensive COVIDSafe Plan control measures include frequent cleaning, social distancing, and contact tracing to keep everyone in the gallery safe. Despite this, there remains a risk of transmission, and you enter the gallery at your own risk.
Practice good hygiene and respiratory practices. You must adopt good hygiene and respiratory practices at all times. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the gallery. Please bring and wear a fitted face mask in line with current public health advice.
Notify us of any COVID-19 symptoms. If you develop any symptoms of COVID, are required to isolate, or return a positive COVID-19 result while attending the gallery or within 14 days of attending the gallery you must contact us immediately via e-mail at email@example.com
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
THE LUME Australia Pty Ltd ABN 70 612 850 503 (trading as THE LUME Melbourne) (“THE LUME Melbourne”, “We” or “Us”) is committed to creating a safe environment for all staff and visitors.
You must follow all directions given by our staff as well as any signage when in THE LUME Melbourne (the gallery). You must comply with all of the following Conditions of Entry (including the MCEC Conditions of entry) when you visit our gallery.
COVID-Safe Special Terms
We have adopted a number of special terms (Special Terms) in response to the pandemic and/or public health emergency arising from the virus and respiratory illness known as the Novel Coronavirus 2019 and any mutation or variation of that virus or illness (COVID-19). These Special Terms will supplement the General Terms and Conditions below (General Terms).
If there is any inconsistency between the General Terms and the Special Terms, the Special Terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency. All other terms and conditions continue in full force and effect.
These Special Terms may be updated from time-to-time in line with relevant state and federal government guidelines, public health directives and other government law, regulations or directions.
- Refusal of entry and removal from gallery:
You acknowledge and agree that we may refuse you entry to the gallery, or require you to leave the gallery, in any of the following circumstances:
- a) you refuse to comply with any COVID safety protocols or requirements notified to you by us;
b) you refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by our staff;
c) you refuse to provide contact tracing information to us on request;
d) you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 as notified to or as assessed by one of our staff;
e) we reasonably believe there is a risk that you may have or be carrying COVID-19; or
f) you are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis or in quarantine because you are a returned traveler, have been in a red zone, or are a close contact with a person with COVID-19.
You accept that in any of the above circumstances, ticket refunds or exchanges will not be provided unless required by law.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
Please do not attend the gallery if you have been unwell, have recently returned from an identified red zone, have visited an exposure site, or have been advised to isolate by Department of Health (DH). Please stay home if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, in isolation as a result of a COVID-19 diagnosis or awaiting COVID-19 test results, or are in quarantine as a returning international traveller or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Assumption of risk:
By purchasing or accepting tickets to an event at The LUME Melbourne or otherwise entering the gallery, you acknowledge that, even with capacity and control measures in place, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19. You acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 as a result of attending the gallery, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the gallery may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself or others, including other attendees of THE LUME Melbourne.
You release and forever discharge THE LUME Melbourne, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, contractors (and their respective employees), agents and the event organiser from any claim which you have or may have in respect of, or arising out of, being exposed to or being infected with COVID-19 as a result of attending the gallery.
- Compliance with safety protocols or requirements at the gallery:
You agree to comply with any COVID-19 related safety protocols or requirements notified by us and in line with current public health advice while present at the gallery, including:
- wearing of approved fitted face masks as per the current public health advice
- hand hygiene requirements (including hand sanitising);
- only entering designated areas;
- physical distancing requirements (including while queuing);
- person density limits, including person limits for particular spaces and areas; and
- staggered entry and exit.
You acknowledge that you may be asked to wait, or be refused entry, to parts of the gallery that have reached their total person limit under Department of Health (DH) social distancing requirements;
If in the reasonable opinion of our staff you do not comply with any of these protocols or requirements or exhibit or develop apparent symptoms of COVID-19 or similar illnesses, you will not be permitted to enter the gallery or may be required to leave the gallery. Failure to comply with these protocols or requirements may lead to a breach of laws, regulations, government declarations and/or directions, for which significant penalties may apply.
- Collection, use and disclosure of personal information for contact tracing purposes:
Entry, Exit and Ejection
When you enter the gallery:
1. Before being allowed entry into our gallery, you may be required to:
- a) Carry a valid ticket or invitation to enter the gallery;
b) Present photo identification that is acceptable to our staff to provide proof of concession (e.g. proof of age identification or concession card) if you have purchased a concessional ticket for the gallery;
c) Demonstrate that persons under 18 years of age will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times within the building;
d) Remove helmets when entering and/or when inside the gallery;
e) Consent to a search of your belongings;
f) Follow the directions of staff directing any queuing outside or inside the gallery
g) Register on site using a QR code on arrival at the gallery to allow for digital contact tracing. Records will be kept for at least 28 days.
- After you have entered the gallery, you must:
a) Retain your ticket at all times and be able to show it to staff during your attendance at the gallery;
b) Accept that your ticket does not provide reserved seating or reserved standing areas. Visitors will enter the building on a first come basis.
c) Accept that admittance to the gallery may be restricted and/or not possible for latecomers or anyone seeking re-admittance if they choose to leave.
d) Ensure you bring a mask, regularly hand sanitise and ensure physical distancing at the gallery in line with current public health advice
- If your ticket/s are damaged, defaced and/or are suspected of having been purchased from an unauthorised resale agent:
a) You will not be permitted into the gallery;
b) Your ticket may be seized;
c) You will not be entitled to any refund.
Possible ejection from the gallery:
1. You may be liable for prosecution or a fine and/or may be ejected from the building if you:
a) Breach any Condition of Entry;
b) Cause or may cause property damage;
c) Create or may create risk of injury to any person;
d) Threaten or may threaten safety of visitors, audience members, our staff or any other persons;
e) Unreasonably interfere with or compromise another person’s enjoyment of the event;
f) Are considered by our staff to be offensive, aggressive, unruly, disruptive, disorderly, uncooperative or behaving unlawfully;
g) Are considered by our staff to be under the influence of alcohol or illicit substances or suspected of buying, selling or carrying illicit substances;
h) Enter any part of the building or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation;
i) Refuse to follow the directions of our staff.
- If you are ejected, you are required by law to move at least 20 metres away from the gallery. You will not be entitled to any refund and may be refused re-entry indefinitely.
When you exit the gallery:
When the event ends and/or you exit the building, you must:
1. Exit in an orderly and appropriate manner;
2. Follow the directions of staff to clear an area or access way;
3. Not cause undue noise or disruption to the adjacent amenity or neighbouring properties.
Liquor Licensing Rules
It is a condition of entry that you will comply with Victorian liquor licensing laws and respect our adherence to Responsible Service of Alcohol principles.
- You may not bring your own alcohol into the gallery;
2. If you are considered to be intoxicated, affected or behaving inappropriately, you may be refused entry/removed from the gallery and/or may be refused alcohol service;
3. You may only consume alcohol inside the gallery’s designated licensed areas. You may not be permitted to take alcohol into some areas of the gallery at some events;
Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the gallery and persons being reported to the Police (penalties may apply).
Phones, Photography and Video Policy
We reserve the right to vary this standard policy at our discretion and without notice for each event:
• Small hand-held personal cameras
• Mobile phones with cameras
We do not allow:
• Any flash photography
• Professional or large photography or video cameras (including those with SLR capabilities), used for commercial reasons without prior written agreement.
• Other devices with functionality similar to the items listed here.
You are prohibited from bringing the following items into our gallery (Prohibited Items):
• Food & Beverage including Alcohol
• Glass, cans or open drink containers containing non-alcoholic and/or alcoholic drinks
• Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
• Flammable devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
• Anything that could be used as a weapon such as sharp items including knives
• Suspicious items or items which may look like a weapon
• Animals (other than registered assistance animals)
• Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades / skates
• Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
• Textas, felt pens, marker pens, paint or similar items
• Professional cameras, tripods or recording devices
• Laser pointers
• Offensive signage or clothing
• Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
• Any other item that may cause harm or public nuisance or could interfere with others in the gallery
We reserve the right to:
1) refuse entry to any person found to have any Prohibited Items in their possession;
2) require the Prohibited Item to be stored in the cloak room;
3) refuse the Prohibited Item from being brought into our gallery.
- You must behave in an appropriate and responsible manner that does not interfere with the safety or enjoyment of others;
2. You must not touch or interfere with the artwork or any other objects on display in the experience, displays or otherwise in the gallery;
3. Climbing on structures or any other form of dangerous and high-risk behaviour is not permitted. All visitors are responsible for their own safety.
4. You must cooperate with our staff and follow any direction given which we consider will maximise the safety of the gallery for all visitors including keeping aisles and doorways clear at all times;
5. There is no dress code for our gallery however offensive clothing or signage is prohibited. Visitors are asked to wear proper footwear to avoid personal injury;
6. You agree not to access areas that you are not authorised to do so;
7. You agree not to transmit or record any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event for commercial use without the express written permission from the gallery. This may include images and recordings via a mobile phone.
If you feel that your enjoyment of an event is being compromised in any way or by the actions of another person, please contact our staff immediately so that we can try and find a solution. We cannot provide a solution after an event has concluded.
Use of Your Image
You consent to and authorise us to film, record or photograph you (Recording), and to reproduce Recordings in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to you. All Recordings are our sole property and you release us from liability arising on account of such usage.
Security cameras operate in and around the gallery and you acknowledge that you may be filmed.
You enter the building at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from your entry to the gallery.
If you bring personal belongings into the gallery:
1. You are solely responsible for those items;
2. You must not leave any bag or personal items unattended;
3. You must not bring any prohibited items (see prohibited items above) into the gallery;
Smoking and Illicit Substances
Illicit substances along with the smoking of cigarettes, cigars, vaporisers and e-cigarettes will not be permitted inside any part of the gallery (including bathrooms).
Designated smoking areas are nominated on the street outside the gallery.